Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break Ambitions

Over the break I have a few artistic goals I want to accomplish but first I am taking a week off to go visit family in Houston Texas. I want to get more exposure to matte painting. I have a few thumbnails sketched out right now all that is next is to develop them more in photoshop. I Also want to practice more in Mudbox which is a 3d sculpting program that works the same way as ZBrush. Right now I have been working on sculpting a bull. After I sculpt it I will paint it in photoshop and possibly add it to my matte painting. I want get more exposure to the workflow that many professionals use.   
Its not completed yet. As you can see I need to fix the hooves and straighten out the horns. I think that the paint and bump mapping should add more skin details. I am still a little awkward with the program. Mostly because I am sill unsure how the tools behave in certain situations. I still get a lot of unpredictable results which has made this model take forever to create. Next semester I will be taking a 3D modeling and rigging class and so I think that if I get more exposure and coordination with mudbox I will be able to add more detail and aesthetically pleasing results to my models.

No comments:

Post a Comment