Thursday, April 14, 2011

Building an army

When I was younger my brother and I drew stick wars on notebook paper. The goal was to get the most stick figures on there. There was always a team underground and a team up top digging down to find the secret base. I never thought this would be something I would use in the future. I ended up taking this idea and applying it to a 3D assignment for school. I will show you the process I went through to accomplish this.
First the original sketches:
Then the sculpting began. First I made a wooden box.Then I made tubes on tinfoil for support. I then rolled out sculpy clay and layered it on the foil.
Next I made an army of stick men one side being red the other black. I then cut many half inch pieces of wire and bent them to make guns. I glued the guns on the stick men with super glue.


The next step was painting the ground that the stick men will be on and the sky.


The final step was adding the men themselves along with other theatrical props to add to the dramatic scene like ladders, dynamite, and barbed wire.
So in the end is a 3d version of my past ambitions.
But it doesn't end there. I have recently used my 3d software class to create more on this idea of red vs black in war. The video can be found here http://youtu.be/V2KOJu-teSs This video is only a logo intro. But maybe someday it will develop into something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment