Sunday, October 9, 2011

Space Station ( Si-Fi )

I am attempting to create a space station in Maya. This station is large enough to house millions of people. The station is connected to 6 moons. Each moon rotates on its own axis to create a level of gravity. With all six moons the station is able to orbit around a planet which helps to create the gravity the people living there need. Each moon is used to gather resources and farm. Coming soon is detailed diagrams and screen shots to show my progression.
As I modeled I did ambient occlusion renders to see the how it was forming. I wanted to see how the shadows would affect the shapes. These are still early on in the processes, I got most of the main modeling finished.



 This image was to see how it the scale looked in comparison to a planet. It only has four extensions which changes later as you can see in the last image.


This image shows up close the rail system that runs underneath the resident sections. The rail is meant for transporting goods and people.
 This is the main shape when finished.
I started to add the detail.

I started to build the city and unwrap the model.
Started to add textures to the model
Close ups on the crane.
Close ups on the resident section.
Close up on the rail system.
I started to experiment with the spheres.
Tried to create a night scene with only parts illuminated.




No lights directly shinning on the object.

I wanted to make spotlights but with an atmosphere to show they are on.

This is a view with everything in it.

This is the underneath view of the residence and rail.

Dark scene with all 5 sections attached.

Another scene with all 5 sections. 
Yet another wide shot!

I brightened the light to attempt at making it look like the sun was shinning right on it.

These are the Texture layers I created in photoshop. I mostly just layered images; little painting.
Texture for the city.

Texture for the city floor and crane parts.

Texture for the main tower.

Texture for the Rail system.

Texture for the residence sections.
I can say that I learned allot from this project. I think my understanding of textures and lights are a little bit better. I had to do some research to make a spot light with some atmosphere. It was kind of difficult so maybe in the future I will make another tutorial on how I made mine.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment